Internship – Social Impact Ventures
Social Impact Ventures NL (Social IV) is the largest private social impact fund in the Netherlands. Social IV supports and invests in innovative scalable social enterprises that create market-based solutions to social and/or environmental challenges, generating both sustainable social impact and financial returns for investors.
Social IV has a young dynamic team of experienced (impact) investors and entrepreneurs. The fund was founded by Willemijn Verloop (Founder WarChild and the Social Enterprise NL platform) and Machtelt Groothuis (McKinsey, Alpinvest and 3i) to fill the need for growth financing of social enterprises that are ready to scale up.
We are looking for a smart and eager impact driven intern that can give hands-on support on all aspects of the investment process.
- Support the team with financial analysis and all aspects of deal execution, including modeling, due diligence support, contacting expert partners to improve market/industry and company analysis, supporting negotiations during transaction, developing presentations
- Market research and analysis of the industry context for the potential investment
- Pipeline management – screening incoming deals on key investment criteria, discussing with team what the status of the prospective participations should be
- Any other support to the team when required
Who are we looking for?
- University degree (or in last year of studies) with proof of strong analytical skills
- Dutch speaking
- Structured and detailed, independently able to build thorough models and/or presentations
- Passionate about and believes in businesses that can generate both impact and financial returns
- High energy, genuine personality who wants to use his/her mainstream skills and tools to do something good and wants to be part of this new, growing social enterprise market
- Self confident, able to go to potential investee management teams to ask the right questions to use for a thorough analysis
- Positively critical, down to earth and a real team player in a small and fun start-up team, i.e. willing to help out where necessary
- You get things done without compromising your high quality standard
- Strong IT, excel and ppt. skills
What do we offer:
- To be part of the fast-growing social impact field in the Netherlands
- The opportunity to be hands-on – you will be working directly with experienced professionals providing you with the opportunity to learn about investing in and supporting social ventures
- An ambitious and qualified team, passionately dedicated to driving social venture investing in the Netherlands – with a clear mission to prove to the Dutch mainstream financiers that investors can make strong, measurable social impact whilst making healthy financial returns.
- Great office location on the Herengracht in central Amsterdam
- Start date: January 2019 (full-time, min. three months)
- Interested? Send your CV + short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org